Monday, November 3, 2008

November 4, 2008 7:32AM (8:32PM 11-3-08 EST)



Here is another street cleaner I spotted from my penthouse view; a yummy ice cream treat wrapper; a local market filled with stores where one can buy portable toilets, to kitchen supplies to auto parts.

The weather today is damp and cold. I can’t tell if it’s still cloudy out since the sun hasn’t come up (it’s only 7:30am), but it feels like Germany winter weather.

E is doing so well. I’m so happy to get to use the gym & music room which are attached. And we get them all to ourselves, except for the passing nurse or caregiver who always needs to gush all over E as he shows off his new skills.

They all not only know his name (I think there are close to a hundred kids here), but take the time to engage with him and never walk through without some sort of acknowledgement despite how busy they may be at the time. It is really heartwarming and I’m so glad, despite the delays, that I’m here.

Knowing what I now know, I don’t think I’d change a thing if given the choice.
I feel privileged to have been able to do this and am thankful I'm here....and so damn lucky to have met and waited for E!!!

2 comments:

Flip said...

EVERYTHING happens for a reason!

Susan said...

Amen sister!!! E and you-match made in heaven-no missing that connection. :)

Clicky Web Analytics