Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 30, 4:10PM (6:10AM EST)

October 30, 2008

I apologize for not writing! Wow…the days just pass and merge…

I had pre-court on the 28th. It went as expected. I was peppered with questions from the judge…from how did I choose this child to does he take to me to what the global crisis will do to my business. All questions a judge needs to ask in order to do her job effectively. But another step accomplished through this process.

Today, however, was an exciting day. We took passport pictures. A bit pre-mature, but decided we should do it in tandem with K/D’s little guy. We piled in the VW Golf & yes, travelled Brittney-with-child way…. E being on my lap.

He didn’t smile, but he’s so darned cute he could have been wailing for all I cared. We then walked around town while the photos were processing. A very exciting new experience for all of us. He did spectacularly and as we re-traced our steps back to the car he demonstrated familiarity with the scenery and car.

When he burps, he now knows to put his hand to his mouth…it’s adorable, but I think he just has fun hearing me say “excuse ME”…lol

Everything is going well, but just so slow.

I’m having Kelly over tonight for a meal I made up yet again. This is beef which has been marinating in my special concoction of secret-babuschka-garlic sauce & some of my own special adds, with onion and pepper. I also made another dipping oil yesterday…it is delicious (to me). I have avocado & tomato salad as well. I hope it tastes good…otherwise, the market’s next door and they sell pizza.

I bought a Malbec wine which should go well with this.

Today is beautiful…the sun is shining and I think it may be in the 50’s…perfect fall weather.

I hear we had snow back home…I’m sorry I missed it.

I am back to blogging and will keep you all informed with my days. I also have some pictures I’ll share as well.

I finished Johnstown Flood a while back & think it could or should be made into a “titanic” type film…the entire book was breathtaking! What an amazing story…and story teller of such a fantastic part of our history! I really love reading him.

I don’t know what’s next…I don’t have too many books downloaded to my Kindle as I thought I’d be home by now…Alfred Hitchcock type stories or Walden or 1776…idk.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you never want to use your cell phone again read cell by Stephen King.

Anonymous said...

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/books/science_fiction_fantasy/reviews/article_1132769.php/Book_Review_2_Cell_by_Stephen_King

Flip said...

YAY!! You're OK!!
Very good!!
You little outing sounded like fun!!

Susan said...

ahhh passport picture day-how fun! I loved doing that-gave me a taste of what it'd be like with Leeza all the time. :)
and, as E did, she did great too, and Leeza is one easy kid-so, I know that bodes well for you and E as well. :)

we got her ears pierced today! so cute!

I know the process is long, but even longer for you since you had the extra month, but it's almost over!!! Hang in there!
your dinner sounds great!!!

Happy Halloween to you and your lil man!

Tasch said...

I've already read Cell, but thank you.

happy Halloween!!!!

Leeza and pierced ears...E will love that!!! He's so into my rings...Mr. Bling-bling

Clicky Web Analytics