Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday October 19, 2008 5:43PM (7:43AM EST)

Well…yesterday was a fantastic day at the babyhouse. He was beaming the entire visit and oh so social!!!

E was feeling better and we played with every one of the toys I bring daily. We played with cups, the ball, MegaBloks, looked at pictures, the little wooden puzzle & he was the first one to see the live kittycat out in the yard. Oh, it was a riot! He seems to take pride in ‘winning’…he had a conquer-grin on when he squealed first at the sight of the kittycat outside.

Although he had gas, I think he was feeling better. Then we came back in time to enjoy a snack before nap time. He drinks from a cup and uses a big soup spoon to eat his keefer…soured milk that looks like oatmeal. I’m not quite sure what it is, but I’ll taste it at some point so as to emulate it when I’m in Almaty with him for four days.

Turns out, we won’t know when pre-court is until maybe Wednesday if not Thursday. The judge made it crystal clear she had 5 days to review the documents and not to bother her until then.

So there you have it. Our boy is awesome (but doesn’t feel well sometimes) and I am counting down the days, if only I knew how many, before we go home.

OH, and I have some ugly looking bug in my apt. I’ve seen and killed two so far. They are tan in color, have many legs like a centipede, but a body fat like a caterpillar. As with spiders, I have my normal freakout with a scream and many blows with a shoe until it doesn’t even look like a bug; only to pull out the extra strong cleaning supplies to erase the scene. Self defense. The creepy part is I’ve seen only one/day, in the AM, for the last two days…both coming out of my bedroom…

…I am telling you, the fun never ends…

Today we visited the babyhouse early in order to arrive in time for the ‘lottery’ at the Mega-Gros (the BJ’s sized supermarket). Two and a half hours in the cold and no, none of us won the TV…or any of the prizes for that matter. I took a bath in my rusty water and thawed out…feel much better & am about to enjoy the rest of the evening with my book.

The visit, however, was short…E had to be woken from his nap & we played ‘mellow’ until the rest of the gang woke up and they all sat on the ‘potty’. Everyone was cranky so the caregivers had to sing a clapping sound to stimulate them. Anya, who has always engaged in my peeka-boos and clapping games when E would want no part of it, was the happy gal on the potty clapping to the beat of the caregiver. E was NOT a happy boy…lol.

Packa-Packa!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Tasch,
You and "E" have been in our daily thoughts---we are so anxious for you to come HOME so hope you are knowing our sentiments are with you both!!!! "E" is tiring of the wait and you are SO right about his desire to seek novel experiences. He has so much to lok forward to but just doesn't have that abiity to look that far ahead. Your consistency in showing your love and affection will make ALL the difference.
WE did miss you at the chili cook off--it was such a fun event. The Fall chill was warded off by all of the poistve folks and appreciation people showed for our efforts. I hope that Staci was able to get some great photos to share with you.
WE love our new bike--Bill is getting some mileage on it for us including the honking migration with my 19 little proud Canada geese. Yes, our schoolwide PRIDE kickoff ran in to a glitch since we could not fit the bike in the elevator. Never would we let the kids down. so Bill was waiting out front, with "feed" he popped 22 bags of popcorn to feed the birds, then reved the engine and honked the horn as we followed him southward. When we stopped, I sat on the bike. So of course thet then wanted to see me ride. It was a great opportunity to share bike safety (NO HELMET OTS OR LEATHER so I couldn't ride) We will have another event in the spring where I WILL lead a fitness activity.
We are off to ride today--hope this news will brighten your days. WE LOVE and MISS YOU..keep believing and smiling.
Pam and Bill

Stas said...

Kefir is like runny yogurt, not need to fear! I actually think you would like it.

Steer clear of the cottage cheese, unless you have a deep fryer handy -wink-

Great post - we needed the warmth in this freeze of ours.

PLO - S.

Susan said...

i had some kind of cottage cheese cake at dolce vita that was really good-i wonder if that is what you had??

hugs to you! Glad your visit went well-sounds like you (and E!) needed that. :)

Clicky Web Analytics