Monday, October 6, 2008

October 5, 2008



This is my new friend, Mascha & me hanging out outside my apartment building. This is the bench on which Mr. Wendel was snoozin' the other week...after he moved from the stairs I had to walk over to get out!

The second pic is of my playgroud courtyard. It isn't Melrose Place. Is anyone flashing on "Hostel"? I can't help it. We had Jamie Lee Curtis' mom in Psycho, then the birds, then Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween, Jason, Freddy….only to wait almost two decades for Saw and Hostel to burn into my brain…

Then I think of Shallow Hal or Finding Nemo ("FLO! Where's FLO!")...I'll be ok.

Hostel II was on TV the other night...voiceover. I didn't watch it.

Tonight I will be going to dinner with K&D to either Dolce Vita or Bavaria.

I was craving protein last night. I've been eating too many carbs lately. So I bought some beef (yes, I made sure!), marinated it in garlic & mustard with a little balsamic and sauteed some squash (salt & pepp) and pickled whole tomatoes, made a salad of cukes & tomatoes. It was quite delicious...the pickled tomatoes made the taste a little like German Rouladin (sp). The only carbs were in the veggies and condiments...I'm fine with that & feel so much better!

It's definitely something I would serve.


Anyway, E is great! I know the 'fake' cry now...it's pretty pathetic. He watched his playmate Anya take her first real steps and Sunday she was walking the stroller. So we tried...well, we're not quite there, but he's just about to let go of my hand...
He's getting more teeth!

2 comments:

Susan said...

He will walk soon enough--don't you fret Mom!
He is such a sweetie,and I can tell such a huge difference in him since we met him before you did.
It's so cool to see.
yes, I agree, he's a favorite alright...he's the "cool stud" of the Dolphin baby house.

You will be suprised how much fun and easy he is when you "spring him". Leeza is a dream child-and is sitting on the potty right now playing with her cups. :)

Susan said...

ps. Um, can we come over for dinner? that sounds SO YUMMY!

Clicky Web Analytics