Sunday, September 14, 2008

09-14-08 good morning


Morning of 09-14-08 (11:22AM, 1:22AM EST)

Today, I am thinking of the big day back home! I wish I was there & will be with everyone in spirit.

I have a small porch outside my apartment and lately I’ve been going to sleep with the door to the porch open, but the windows to the outside closed. Apparently, I forgot to shut the outside porch window (we don’t use screens out here).

I woke to a pigeon in my room! (they hang out on the roof right above me –I’m on the top floor—I even hear them in my bathroom vent)

I am telling you, the fun never stops over here!

On the babyfront: little B had a cold yesterday so I needed to meet him in the ‘isolation room’…poor little guy couldn’t hang with his friends. It was warm enough outside so we had a nice stroll around campus. At least when I left there was a cute nurse watching over him. As I said my “backa! backa!” or ‘bye bye’, he giggled and gave me what I’ll call his first little kiss. The nurse was so tickled by this…then she caught herself and got serious again. He seems to be a favorite amongst the staff…because he’s so reserved & particular with whom he wants to deal and how.

The kid’s got some depth…and everyone knows it.

I should post a picture of Scruffy, the campus dog, on here…he is a sweet dog! Little B adores him!

I don’t have much else to report at this time. It rained last night & is a little raw this morning.

Domestically, today is laundry day. I also made a garlic tomato sauce this morning…it should be delicious by this afternoon when I have my dinner. I seem to eat at odd hours when I’m not out: I wake up and have coffee, then eat a yogurt before I leave. Around 3-4pm I eat a meal, then another snack around 8-9pm.

I miss you all & will be thinking of you. Have an awesome day!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics