Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September 16, 2008...

September 16, 2008 10:30AM (12:30AM EST)

Buddha & I had an awesome day yesterday! It was 14degrees Celsius, and I was freezing! But the great part was they bundled the little guy up and we spent 75 minutes outside…he loves being outside.

It’s so hard to say backa-backa! (bye-bye) when I leave lately. This was the 10th day meeting with him for about an hour usually. So I’ve spent a little over 10 hours with the boy in his entire lifetime.

I’ll be honest. I truly was not expecting to really like the little dude so quickly! I was hoping, but it was more of a ‘yeah yeah, I hope he’s healthy’…and frankly, I had no other thought or projection in my head as to what it was going to be like. I couldn’t. It was a blank in my mind. I had absolutely NOTHING to act as a frame of reference or a benchmark or some sort of starting block for my vision in thought.

The moment I met my little guy back home, Ethan…every single action of his was the cutest thing ever. I am in love with that kid! This little dude is such a dude, for one thing…and I just can’t get enough of him!!!

Here’s the nitty gritty: We don’t have a director or a head doctor still…but they assured me that if I choose this child, he will be unavailable for anyone else to see. Of course I chose him! (jack black in Shallow Hal: “cookoo! cookoo!”) LOL

So, I am going to check with Zhanat, my liaison here, regarding pictures. As long as she’s ok with it, I will start to post some pictures of the little bug on this site. In the meantime, if you still haven’t seen them, please connect with Stas & she’ll forward some on to you.

The boy is generally quiet. He likes watching and doing at his own pace and direction. If he feels he’s being ‘taught’, he’ll listen for a while, shut down…and when I turn away, I’ll see him practicing. For instance, I’ll take a block and bang it on another to make a noise. He will watch me, but won’t emulate. Later, when it’s his idea, he’ll do it, then own it! He’s a sensitive little Cancer…

Last night I made dinner for my friends Kelly & Doug. Partially. They took care of the meat. LOL. I had the drinks, appetizers & veggie dish. Patti, you would be proud. My presentation was applauded!!! I learned from the best! (I was thinking about you the whole time) And, the best part, the kitchen was immaculate when they showed up as though I didn’t do a thing in there…and for me, I cleaned as I went…painless & seamless. And AJ, I have a delicious cocktail I concocted you’d appreciate! Vodka, liquor (with real wild strawberries), lemon, some orange, seltzer…and we don’t have ice so I froze a little orange-water (no, not the orange-water from the faucet, which has toned down to light tea color by the way…orangeANDwater mixed) added to the martini glass. I usually don’t go for the ‘fruity’, but it worked…not too sweet.

Anyway, I miss you all. Back home I heard we had a great weekend. I’m so proud of the people who really busted it out that day…and all days of recent. And the volunteers and those who stepped in to help…just excellent, all the way around! …thank you.

1 comment:

Flip said...

I love this entry! Your discription of E copying you, AFTER the fact is awesome! A true leader! I am so down with a scheduled chat time!! Let me know!!

Clicky Web Analytics