Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2008 8:12PM (10:12AM EST)

o
Here is a picture of my dinner yesterday. The produce is fresh (they seem to use mayo quite often) & the pizza delicious. We chose to eat here because it's in the same building as Doug & Kelly's apt. I think our pizza was a 'minced meat' pizza...not bad!

I can't tell you how great it has been to have met those two. I know we'll be in each others lives from now on...we've already gone through so much together (and sometimes in the same room!)...

So today was a good day. The little guy is a charmer. My hesitation? Only a few minor details: there still isn't a director...or a head doctor...my name isn't associated with this little cutiepie on anything official...I haven't signed one document since my arrival. Other than that, I couldn't ask for anything more! I'm waiting on some medical reports.

The more we spend together, the tougher it is to imagine this not going through. So I think happy thoughts and continue to move on through the day.

Hence, with that out there...please keep your good thoughts and wishes coming. I appreciate them tremendously!!!

We've had some changes back home, but all in all, I think it's best for everyone exposed to them.

I gave my first little 'gift' today...some pure VT syrup in an adorable little jar shaped like my state. No time to type the report? Oh, well, I happen to have some sweet maple syrup you don't have here...oh sure, take it...how about some maple candies...what? you can? thank you so much for finding the time!

I went to a street market today with Kelly & Doug...they sell sneakers to jackets to dish soap to fish heads and pieces of meat bigger than me! It is something else. Makes the Barcelona market look small. I bought a purse. Not much into big purses, but I am tired of carrying around my computer bag...

I hope to put some pictures on here soon...I simply don't want to take any chances right now. There's been a little delay on this end, but I'm keepin' the faith it's only a delay.

OH...and we have water back, but no hot water. It will be so nice to have a hot shower...it's been since Almaty (Sept 3).

I brought boxes of Powerbars (the people blogging told me they are a 'must have')...and don't really see any need for it. The food is awesome over here! The tea and coffee, delicious...and of course the beer, turning out to be a staple during meal time.

I miss you all!!!! (and love hearing from you!)

2 comments:

Flip said...

DUDE!! Do you want me to send you some crappy Arizona Stuff? It sounds like the bribery is the answer! Really...who in Russia has Vermont shaped Maple syrup? I can send Arizona shaped Aloe or maybe some Cactus Candy?? Just let me know and it's there!

Anonymous said...

Hello how are things going. Take ca
re hope to see you soon.

Patti

Clicky Web Analytics